It is incredibly affordable to buy a monitor these days, and hence having a multi-monitor screen set-up is not a tedious task. A multi-monitor screen will allow you to use it for various purposes and multitasking, where it is best to be used for gaming or making presentations.
Based on the screen and system you have been using, setting up with some additional monitors will harm the entire performance. There is a possibility that you will encounter a condition of The Large Display Paradox, which may hamper your productivity. But as the functionality is concerned, it might give you some issues when taking the screen screenshot.
If you are taking the screen screenshot by using the Windows key+Print Screen shortcut on your system with the multi-monitor setup, you will end up getting a larger screenshot. This might not be very pleasant because you have to crop and resize your monitors screenshot before using them. But there are still more options and methods left behind. Let’s discuss how to screenshot only one monitor easily.
Method to Take Screenshots of One Monitor Using Snipping Tool
Well, we all know that the snipping tool of Windows 10 monitor has been replaced by the new Snip & Sketch app. You can still use it with most of the systems for quickly capturing the screenshot over a single screen. For taking the monitors screenshot from one monitor, you have to follow the below steps carefully:
- Open the Snipping Tool by choosing the option of Start menu.
- Now use the option Alt+M+S shortcut for taking the screenshot. In this way, the keyboard shortcut will take the monitors screenshot from the primary monitor of your PC. It will later be displayed within the snipping tool.
- After it, you have to save the screenshot on the system by using the shortcut key of Ctrl+S or choosing the Save As option from the File menu.
Hence this is such a simple method that you can use to take the monitor screenshot in just a few seconds! You can only use this method for capturing the monitors screenshot through the primary screen or display. It will never work perfectly on the secondary monitor display. It would be better to head towards the display settings and change the primary screen. But it won’t work with greater efficiency.
Method to Take Screenshots of One Monitor Using the Print Screen Key
As the Windows key+Print Screen shortcut does not let you save the screen screenshot from the single display, an approach for the key combination can often work best. For taking the monitors screenshot from one monitor, you have to follow the below steps carefully:
- First of all, you have to move the cursor towards the monitor Print Screen you want to capture.
- Now you have to type the Ctrl+Alt+Print Screen shortcut for taking the screenshot of the monitor.
- Next, you have to open the MS Paint from the Start Menu.
- Use the option Ctrl+V shortcut so you can paste your screenshot in the Paint.
- You have to save your monitors screenshot with the option Ctrl+S shortcut, or you can also select the Save/Save As option from the main File menu.
Hence this method will allow you to take screenshot of the secondary monitor. But this will work if you have the program already open on the monitor screen. To overcome this whole limitation, you must use the Snip & Sketch app or any other third-party tool. We will recommend you to use Snagit for taking the monitors or screen screenshot of just one Print Screen display.
Method to Take Screenshots of One Monitor Using Snip & Sketch
To take screenshot of just one monitor, you can use Snip & Sketch. You can comply with these easy steps discussed below:
- Launch the Snip & Sketch app from the Start menu.
- Click on the new button in the top left corner or use the Ctrl+N shortcut to take a new screen screenshot.
- Now click on the rectangular resolution screen from the toolbar at the top.
- Then click on and drag your mouse from one side to any other on the monitors screen you want to capture.
- Now click on the floppy disk icon in the top right corner to shop the screenshot or use the Ctrl+S shortcut.
Alternatively, you can additionally use a third-party software program like Snagit to the same effect. Just pull up the program, click on the Capture button and as soon as again, click on and drag your mouse from one nook of the screen to the other.
You can then keep the screenshot of the usage of the Ctrl+S shortcut or by choosing Save As in the File menu. The exceptional part about using monitor software programs like Snagit is that it offers you access to a bunch of extra annotation equipment to without problems edit your screen screenshot. However, you may want to shell out some money for that introduced screen functionality.
How can you take screenshots of dual or triple screens?
If you want to take a screenshot of more than one screen, it is simple and easy to do in just a few seconds. See the steps below:
- Press CTRL + PrtScn.
- To paste the screenshot, you have to press CTRL + V. This will automatically paste your monitors screenshot either on screen desktop, email or in any file you have selected.
There are some popular monitor keyboard shortcuts that you can use to have your screen screenshot taken and get them saved easily. Are you ready to try them all?
This was all about a few of the primary methods you can follow to take the screen screenshot from the single monitor screen successfully. However, there are no hard and fast rules which you need to follow. Using the monitors shortcut keys is a little challenging for some users, but using an app will help you perform the function in just a few steps. Follow the steps carefully and get your screen screenshot all saved!