Flipping an image means to mirror the image. Flipping image is different from the rotate option for the image. Flipping an image means that you are reversing the image which means that you make the right side the left side and vice versa. There are two main ways through which you can flip an image that is horizontally and vertically. When flipping an image horizontally you make the right and left sides reversed and when you flip image vertically the top and bottom sides are flipped.
If you a question about how to flip an image in google docs? Then it is very easy as google docs as docs give you a feature or option to flip you image. It does not only give you an option for you to flip the image, docs also have an option to edit the image any many other option related to the image setting.
Steps on How to Flip an Image in Google Docs:
If you are wondering how to flip an image in google docs then you can follow the methods that are given below in order for you to find how to flip an image in google docs. There are two main and effective methods through which you can flip your images easily.
- FLIP THE IMAGE AUTOMATICALLY IN GOOGLE.
- FLIP AN IMAGE BY ROTATING IT IN THE GOOGLE DOCS.
You can follow the methods that are mentioned above for how to flip an image in google docs.
Method # 1: Flip the Image Automatically in Google:
- First of all, open your docs document that has the image that you want to flip.
- Or open the image that you want to upload on the google docs.
- If the document does not contain the image then you might have to upload the image on the google in order for you to flip the image.
- Once you have uploaded the image on docs then click on the image and cut it.
- Press the Control key and the X key or right click on the image to select the Cut option.
- Now click on the Insert Tab that is present on the left top corner of the screen.
- Now choose the Drawing option.
- And now click on New.
- This will open the Drawing windows and then paste your image on the screen. For this you have press the Control key and the V key or right click on the screen to open the paste option.
- Now select your image and then click on the Actions Tab. This tab is present in the toolbar of the Drawing windows.
- This will open a drop-down menu.
- In the drop-down menu click on the Rotate This rotate option will again open a drop-down menu.
- Now there will be two options available for you to select from. One being Flip Horizontally and other being Flip Now choose the option in which you want to flip your image in.
- Now click on the option and google docs will flip the image for you.
- Finally, you can click on Save and Close option.
- Now insert the flipped image on the document.
You can use this method to flip the image both in the vertical and horizontal form according to your preferences.
Method # 2: Flipping an Image by Rotating It in the Google Docs:
If you want to flip your image vertically then you can opt for this method. You can flip your images by the help of the rotating tool. But this option wont work if you want to flip your image horizontally.
Follow the steps that are given below so you can flip your image.
- First of all, open the docs of the browser.
- Now go to the Insert tab and then click on the Drawing option.
- Then select the New option.
- Now you can paste the image that you want to flip.
- Now you can use the anchor option to flip that image.
- Or you can go to the Action menu and click on the Rotate
- Now you can either click on Rotate clockwise 90° or Rotate counter-clockwise 90°. Now click on the option again to flip it vertically.
- After rotating the image according to your preferences, you can click on the Save option and then Close option.
- Then you can insert your image in the desired document.
Flipping an Image in Google on Smartphone:
If you don’t have a laptop or PC then you can flip your image on your smartphones as well. You just have to follow the steps that are mentioned below in order to learn how to flip an image in google docs.
- First of all, open the chrome on the mobile.
- Now open the desktop of the chrome.
- To open the browser, click on the tree dots that are present in the top most right corner of the screen.
- Now you have to click on the Desktop site option.
- And then click on the Desktop site mode.
- When you are on the desktop site mode you have to click on the https://docs.google.com/document/ link to open the docs on the browser of the chrome.
- Now you have top open the document in which you want the image to be flipped.
- After this step the google doc on the mobile just like the docs on the laptop or PC. Hence, you can follow the same steps that are mentioned above in order to flip your image vertically or horizontally according to your own preferences.
- And then you gave save your image and add it to the document that you want it in.
Conclusion on Flip an Image in Google Docs:
Docs give you a feature through which you can easily flip your image in google docs. You can easily flip the image through the docs and then upload in the document. There are two methods through which you can flip the image. The first one is by choosing the vertical or horizontal mode of flipping the image according to your preferences from the Drawing option. You just have to open the Action menu and click on the flip option to flip the image. Second is the rotating your image option but through this you can only flip your image vertically. Hence the first method is easy and effective for both horizontal and vertical mode. You can follow the methods and steps given with it to learn to flip an image in google docs.