The PS4 or the playstation4 was released in 2013, It is still the best console out there even after the release of the PS5 as the PS5 still has various bugs and there are not enough games to be played on the PlayStation 5 for now. Playstation4 is one of the best consoles for gamers to enjoy their leisure time. The only thing missing from this almost perfect console was playing on any other screen except your tv As you know you need a tv or a monitor or a screen with HDMI to connect and play after sitting in front of it. After lots of complaints by the gaming community, the developers at Playstation recognized this problem and made it possible to be played on laptops and phones not only on a monitor. Now the gamers can use their laptop and phone to play the PS4. without needing to connect the ps4 to the tv using the HDMI.
How to Connect ps4 to Laptop Screen Using Remote Play
Sony has now officially launched a way to connect your PS4 to your laptop and play it anywhere you want to without needing to connect the ps4 to the tv using the HDMI. No Sony has not launched a portable variant of PS4 instead they introduced a much better easy to access solution for the PS4. The new solution using remote play is that to let everyone use the PS4 on your phone and laptop using a new application named Remote Play without needing to connect the ps4 to the tv using the HDMI.
What Is Remote Play for ps4 to Play on Laptop & How to Connect It
To understand how to connect ps4 to laptop screen, we need to understand what is remote play and how it can be used to make a connection between your ps4 and laptop it’s screen. Remote play is a new application or feature that lets users to play their ps4 games on compatible devices without the HDMI cable. If your tv is occupied by someone and you want to play your ps4, you can easily play it on your phone and laptop using the remote play feature without the HDMI cable. However, there are some technical requirements for your laptop to make sure your laptop runs the remote play smoothly. Here are the system requirements:
- Running on Windows 10 or 8.1
- Intel Core i5-560M 2.67Ghz processor or higher
- 100mb Available minimum storage
- 2gb Ram minimum
- Usb Port, Sound card and a screen with 1080p resolution
Step #1: Downloading the ps4 Remote Play for Your Laptop
Now if you have a laptop that meets the minimum requirements of PS4 remote play, this means you can download the application and start the connection between your laptop and PS4 without the HDMI cable. To download the ps4 remote play app from the Sony store. When downloading make sure you choose the correct OS version or else you would get an incompatible version and you won’t be able to install and connect your Ps4 to the laptop and it’s screen or monitor. You don’t need an HDMI cable for connecting the PS4 to the laptop or monitor
Step#2: Setting up the ps4 Remote Play to Play on Laptop Screen & How to Connect
After downloading the correct application for your Windows for connecting, now you have to install the remote play application to able to connect your ps4 to your laptop screen without the HDMI cable. As you are aware the PS4 remote play application lets you play your ps4 on your laptop or on your phone without the HDMI cable. The latest update has improved the connecting functionality and stability of the ps4 remote play application making is even better for the users to enjoy the game on their monitor without the HDMI cable without any connecting errors.
Here is how you can now install the remote play application to connect your ps4 to the laptop:
- After downloading the software, now you need to run the installation file. This will open a new dialog box.
- The installer will show the instructions to install and set up correctly. Make sure that you also download the additional features. If you want to download the extra features, check the appropriate options in the dialog box when they appear.
Once you have installed the PS4 remote play, now you need to boot up your ps4 and tweak some settings so you don’t face any errors while connecting your ps4 to the laptop
Step#3: Setting up the ps4 to Connect It to the Laptop
Once you have downloaded the ps4 remote play app on your laptop, now you need to boot your ps4 up and set it up to connect the ps4 to the laptop screen. Here is how you can set it up:
- Boot up your PS4 console and then go to the Settings.
- After that click on the Remote Play Connection
- Once the settings tab opens, select the Enable Remote Play checkbox. Doing so will enable PlayStation 4 to interact with the Remote Play software that you just installed on your PC.
- Then, go back to Account Management from PS4’s
- Now, set the PS4 console as your primary system. Just click on the Activate as Your Primary PS4 and then click activate.
Remote play can be also used when your PS4 is in the rest mode. To use your ps4 on your laptop screen when it is in rest mode you need to follow these instructions:
- Navigate to the Ps4 settings menu
- Navigate to the Power Save Settings
- Click Set Features Available in rest mode
- Check the Enable Turning on PS4 from Network and Stay Connected to the Internet checkboxes
This will enable the ps4 to be able to connect to your laptop screen using the remote play feature.
Step#4: Connect the ps4 to Laptop Using Remote Play
Now all the work of downloading, installing, and setting the remote play upon both your laptop and the ps4 is done we can move ahead and use the feature to play ps4 games on your laptop. Here is what you are required to do to play on your laptop:
- The first thing is first, turn your PS4 on and put it into rest mode if you have enabled the option from the menu
- After that connect the ps4 controller to your laptop. You can either make a connection using a wireless adaptor or by using the USB cable provided with the controller.
- Now run the remote play software that you downloaded and installed in the previous steps
- Click on the start button and then enter your PS4 network credentials
After adding your credential your remote play with the PS4 and your laptop screen will be ready and you can enjoy your game on your laptops or Phone. Make sure you have a working internet connection as remote play requires you to have a smooth working internet connection or you will experience lag and delays.
If your laptops does not meet the minimum requirements of remote play and you want to connect ps4 to laptop do not worry there is a solution for you guys too. Keep reading to know how to connect ps4 to your laptops screen without remote play.
Connect ps4 to Laptop Using a Video Capture Card and Hdmi
This one is for the gamers who do not have a powerful laptops but still want to enjoy the ps4 games on their monitor. The process is simple but a little heavy on the pocket but you will be able to enjoy your ps4 games on your laptops. You would be needing a video capture card and HDMI to make a connection between your laptop and PS4. Here is a list of tools you would need:
- Your Laptop
- Stable internet connection
- HDMI Cable a
- Video capture card
- File sharing enabled on both things
After you have bought the above items now, Here is how to connect all of them together:
- You need to make sure that file sharing is enabled on your PS4. To do that you need to go to the network settings in the settings menu.
- In the network, settings navigate to the internet connection settings and then connect to your wireless router
- Connect the video capture card to your ps4 via the USB port. You must install the drivers and software related to the video capture card to ensure it is working properly
- Now connect the video capture card to the ps4 using the HDMI The HDMI IN side will go in the capture card, the to out will be from the PS4
- Now you need to run the video capture card software on your laptops and turn your PS4 The software will now start its search and will connect to the PS4
Now you too can enjoy playing your PS4 on your monitor. If you do not want to go through the hassle of purchasing the video capture card and other things you can connect your PS4 to your laptop using this other method.
How to Connect the ps4 to Your Laptop Using Playstation Now
PlayStation Now is another full-featured service by Sony. It allows players to enjoy PS2, PS3, PS4 games without actually purchasing the console or the game. It is a subscription-based feature that Is around $99.99 per year, yes, we know it is costly but it offers hundreds of PS4 games which can be easily downloaded and you can play them on your laptop without owning a PS4. If you are not sure whether paying that amount for a year is justified, to fix this confusion Sony offers a 7-day trial where you can get the trial, try PlayStation now features, if you like you can go ahead pay for the full feature, if you do not like it you can always cancel it in the trial period. Even the system requirements for PlayStation Now are lower than what they were for the Remote play:
- Windows 7, 8.1, 10
- Intel i3 Core with 3.5ghz
- 2gb of ram
- 300mb storage.
Downloading the Playstation Now for Windows
Now that you are aware of the features of PlayStation Now, it is time to start downloading and installing the PlayStation now so you can start playing your PS4 games on your laptop.
Here is how you can download the PlayStation Now for windows:
- Visit Sony’s official website to download the PlayStation Now. You can use google and search the keywords Sony PlayStation Now and it will take you to the download page
- After downloading the PlayStation Now application, open the exe file and start the installation
- After following the instructions on the screen, you will now have installed PlayStation Now for your
The application will start itself and if it does not you can launch it manually and can connect ps4.
Using Playstation Now to Play ps4 Games on Your Laptop
To set up the PlayStation Now on your laptop, you need to follow these steps:
- Select your language, your region, and your date of birth
- Use the Sign-in option to log into the application, the application might download a few updates
- After logging in, start your free trial by clicking on the Start Free Trial button.
- Now you will see an option to choose the subscription to choose according to your preference
- Enter your login details and sign in to your Sony account
- Now again click on the start free trial button
- You will be now asked to enter your payment method, after entering the payment methods you will be taken to a new screen
- Now you have fully registered for the trial period of PlayStation Now.
You can always cancel the subscription during the trial period. If you do not like PlayStation now and you do not wish to play it anymore. You would need to connect a controller to the computer to enjoy the PS4 games on your monitor. Connecting a controller to the computer is easy as you just need to plug the controller in the USB slot, the computer will automatically detect the controller as a new device and will make the connection. Now you are set to connect ps4.
Now you can connect ps4 using any of the above options to your laptops. Every option mentioned above has its advantages and disadvantages, the final choice is in your hand whether you want to go with the remote play and play games on your laptop without connecting the HDMI cable or you want to go ahead purchase the video card and use that option to play ps4 games on your laptop with the HDMI cable or you want to purchase the PlayStation Now subscription and enjoy the ps4 games on your laptop without the HDMI cable. In the end, the choice is yours.