These printers are classified into impact and non-impact printers. The laser printer uses an electrostatic printing process and laser printers are used to produce high-quality images and graphics. However, it is the type of printer that utilizes a laser beam to produce an image on the drum. It uses non-impact keys that don’t strike the paper of the photocopier technologies.
Initials of Printing
When you print something, your computer sends an extensive stream of electronic data to your laser printer. An electronic circuit in the printer riddles out what all this data means and what it needs to look like on the page. There are some major basic components of a laser printer which needs to be learned before moving to the steps for how it works.There is list of multiple Multifunction Color Laser Printers you can choose which suits you.
Basic Components of Laser Printer
The basic components or laser printer are as follows:
- Drum: The drum inside the toner cartridge is photo-sensitive.
- Laser: The laser beam portrays the image of the printed page on the drum.
- Power supply: The process of the printer uses very high voltage to charge the drum and transfer and hold the toner on the paper.
- Paper transport: The paper or path for laser printers ranged from a simple and straight path to the complicated turns of devices.
- Primary cornea: The primary cornea charges the photosensitive particles on the surface of the drum.
- Transfer corm: The transfer corona charges the surface of the paper just before it reaches the toner area.
- Fusing roller: The fuser makes the printed pages hot.
- Controller: It communicates with the OS of the printer and forms the image printed on the page.
Steps to Show How Laser Printer Works ?
Working of the laser printer is somehow described in easy steps and steps are as following:
- Cleaning: Before a new page is printed any remaining from the previous page is cleared away. The drum swept free with a rubber blade and a fluorescent lamp removes any electrical charge remaining on the drum.Choose the best Pigment Ink Printers
- Conditioning: The entire drum is uniformly charged by the primary corona wire. This charge conditions the drum for the next step.
- Writing: The laser printer controller uses a laser beam and a series of mirrors to create the image of the page on the drum. The laser beam is switched on and off according to the image to be created on the drum.
- Developing: A magnet inside the evolving roller allures the iron particles in the toner. This roller spins near the drum and the toner is allured to the areas of the drum that have been exposed by the laser, generating the print images on the drum.
- Transferring: A magnet inside the evolving roller allures the iron particles in the toner. This toner revolves near the drum and the toner is allured towards the area of the drum that had been vulnerable by laser.
- Fusing: The fusing rollers pertain heat and pressure to the toner which melts and presses it into the paper to generate an enduring bond. The rollers are submerged with Teflon and served with light silicon oil to keep the paper from sticking to them.